USA Hockey mandates SafeSport training for all members who will be in contact with participants either on or off the ice.
From USA Hockey
The safety of its participants is of paramount importance to USA Hockey. USA Hockey SafeSport is the organization’s program related to off-ice safety.
USA Hockey has long had systems in place to protect it’s participants from physical abuse, sexual abuse and other types of misconduct that can be harmful to youth hockey players and other participants.
This program is a free 90 minute module that is completed online. When complete, you will be SafeSport certified for two years. A short refresher course is all that is necessary for re-certification after the initial two year certification expires.
How to Register for Training
To register for training:
If you know your USA Hockey membership number* go to step 3
*the confirmation number from your online registration as a Player/Coach or Manager/Volunteer or your Referee number
1. If you don’t know your USA Hockey membership number (confirmation number) you can access it by going to http://www.usahockeyregistration.com then go to Member Options, click on ‘Request Duplicate Registration Confirmation.’
2. If you don’t have a USA Hockey membership number you can get one by processing your Manager/Volunteer Registration for the 2014-15 season. It’s easy to do and there’s no charge. Go to www.usahockeyregistration.com and click on ‘Register Now’…check that you are over 18 and select Ice Manager/Volunteer. At the end of the process you will immediately receive your confirmation number.
3. Go to: http://www.usahockey.com/safesporttraining. You will then be asked for your email address to create a user name and password and to select and answer a security question. In the drop down menu for “Select Organization,” if you are a coach, volunteer, or player be sure to select USA Hockey; if you are a referee, be sure to select USA Hockey Officials. You will then be asked for your membership number which is your USA Hockey confirmation number or your referee number. Next click on the red save button on the bottom right side of the page. You will only need to register the first time to set up the account. Once the account is set up, you will sign in using your email address and password.
Obtaining your SafeSport Completion Certificate
1. Log in on website http://training.teamusa.org
2. Click on “Your Courses”
3. Click on USA Hockey SafeSport Course
4. Click on “download certificate” (underneath
the “launch course” button)
5. Save and print certificate